About us, the basics:
- We are a home-educating family living in Devon, UK.
- We have six children, five of which reside here at home, the eldest having flown the nest.
- We have been home-educating for 12 years.
- Our children residing at home are girls aged 21 months, 4, and 13, and boys aged 10 and 17.
- Mama loves to be creative. She sews (primarily children’s clothing), works with mixed media to create art, knits, crochets, and reads a lot.
- Dad is a plumber by trade and he works full-time. We are ever so grateful for his constant hard work.
- We live on a smallholding of sorts. We attempt to grow our own vegetables, raise chickens and ducks for eggs, have three goats, a dog, three cats, and a rabbit. Next on the list is a pony or two.
What is Classroom Free?
Classroom Free allows people to gain an insight into the life of a home-educating family. Initially we set up the blog as a personal record of our days, but it soon became clear that others were interested in what our life was like. Before long the blog was being shared amongst home-educating circles and held up as an example of what home-education can look like (although all home-educating families and lives are different of course!). Since those early days, the blog has grown immensely in popularity and we have added additional website pages and various social media accounts under the Classroom Free umbrella.
Let’s work together…
Here at Classroom Free we share our home-education adventures, and are strong advocates of nurturing and positive parenting. We also share our smallholding endeavors, life with our animals, and living the ‘good life’. We really enjoy allowing readers an insight into our lives with our writing and photographs, and it is wonderful to know that we have inspired and supported those wishing to follow along a similar path. We wish to continue being home-education and positive parenting advocates as we know absolutely first hand the tremendous difference it can make to a family’s life. With this in mind we have been thinking of ways that we can take things forward, and would love to talk to both individuals and businesses alike about ways we could make this happen.
If you are involved in a business that you believe would be a good ‘fit’ for Classroom Free, we would like to hear from you. We will consider offering advertising space, writing sponsored posts (with full disclosure), offering social media shout outs, being brand ambassadors, and reviewing products. Have you something else in mind? Try us, we are always willing to think outside the box.
However, please be aware that we will only work with companies that we believe would be of high interest to our readership and we will be choosy as our readership and the reputation of Classroom Free are always our highest priority.
If you have an idea that you would like to explore with us, do get in touch, we would love to hear from you for sure!
Contact via email in the first instance to: Julia@classroomfree.org.